Announcing JogetOSS: Additional Open Source Projects for the Joget Low-Code Platform
As evidently the only open source vendor recognized in Forrester’s Now Tech: General-Purpose Low-Code Development Platforms, Q1 2021 report, the Joget team is pleased to further demonstrate its commitment to open source with the formation of JogetOSS, a community-led team for open source software related to the Joget no-code/low-code application platform.
The core Joget platform has always been freely available as an open source project since its inception in 2009. Whether for no-code, low-code or pro-code users, flexibility and extensibility has always been a core focus of the platform. Having surpassed the 200,000 open source edition downloads milestone in 2019, JogetOSS aims to ensure that plugins and functionality outside of the core platform will also be made available as open source projects. Moreover, projects under JogetOSS will be made available under the more permissible Apache License, Version 2.0, to encourage even greater community participation.
In conjunction with the recent launch of the redesigned Joget Marketplace which provides a wide range of enterprise applications and components, plugins developed by the Joget team will be migrated to JogetOSS, for developers to freely customize, enhance and eventually contribute. Here are some notable plugins for single sign-on (SSO), blockchain, event streaming, artificial intelligence (AI) and UI themes that have been migrated to JogetOSS:
- SAML Directory Manager: Single sign-on (SSO) using SAML.
- Kerberos Directory Manager: Single sign-on (SSO) using Kerberos authentication.
- OpenID Connect Directory Manager: Single sign-on (SSO) using OpenID Connect authentication.
- Hyperledger Fabric Plugins: Set of plugins to query and update a Hyperledger Fabric blockchain network.
- Apache Kafka Plugins: Set of sample producer and consumer plugins for the Apache Kafka event streaming platform.
- TensorFlow Example Plugin: Sample AI image recognition plugin based on TensorFlow.
- Admin Theme and Color Admin Theme: Additional themes to configure, customize and rebrand the look and feel of the end-user interface.
An example of the Joget OpenID Connect Directory Manager Plugin for authentication
To find out more about JogetOSS projects, check out the repositories on the JogetOSS GitHub page.
Get started with Joget today and join a global community of more than 3,000 installations and 12,000 members to begin your low-code application development journey for faster, simpler digital transformation.
Resources to get started developing low-code apps with Joget:
- Joget DX Video Tutorials - Quick overview and build your first app.
- Joget DX Knowledge Base - User and developer reference, samples and other documentation.
- Community Q&A - Ask questions, get answers, and help others.
- Language Translations - Translations for more than 20 languages.
- Joget Academy - Self-paced online learning and certification.
- Joget Marketplace - Download ready made apps, plugins, templates and more.
- Joget Events - Upcoming and past Joget events & webinars.
- Joget Press - Joget press releases.
- Joget Reviews - Joget reviews and customer testimonials.
Follow us for the latest news and updates: